Monday, October 5, 2009

Feeling Empowered!




Today I am feeling empowered. It didnt start out that way. In fact I woke up this morning not wanting to get out of bed. I was so depressed! I did my regular routine and drove to seminary made lunches and fed the dog. Then I got dressed and took the dog for a walk. After feeling sorry for myself and feeling like my life was being taken over by circumstances and things that seemed to be out of my control, I suddenly got a strong urge to take control. So, I called Mike and told him that the dog was no longer allowed inside the house and in addition to this the TV was no longer going to be on. ( Now I'm talking about the televison. Whe chores are complete and when all else has been done then they may watched approved movies with permission.) But as far as all the junk that is on the tube these days....no more of that in my house. I am sick, sick, sick of sitcoms and the like. And I am sick and tired of this big dog taking over my home chewing up anthing that is left out and running my furniture like he is on a track feild! I felt so empowered and started cleaning and taking back control of my life. Some things may be out of my control these days but I can still create an enviornment that is conducive to what I want my life to be like.
Then I started thinking about this coming up weekend. When my best friend Denisa and I will be going away together ...alone....cant wait! We started this 3 years ago and now we are hooked. She had followed me to each of my National Sales Meetings for the past 3 years and now I am no longer working for that company. But that is not going to stop us this year. So, we have decided that we will continue to take our time away from life and family and kids and stuff and go enjoy ourselves on a girls weekend. We are going to drive down to So. Cal go to the beach and maybe hit Disneyland......maybe....who knows....we are just gonna play it by ear and relax. So, now I am even more empowered since I know this is coming up. We have been best friends for 27 years now and have not missed a beat of eachother's lives.....I honestly dont know what I would do without her in my life. Here's to my BFF! Denisa, I love you! And here's to girlfriends and empowered women everywhere!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh boy, how I feel these same things! Why do we make life so hard sometimes? some days I just can't face life because I feel like life is moving forward without me..taking control is empowering and we need to remind ourselfs we are in control even when we think we aren't..I think its when I forget to put my Heavenly Father first is when My life becomes out of control and I forget what the journey is suppose to be (happy) and what my purpose is..Good for you for taking control!! now go party and have much needed girlfriend time, its a must for moms..Report back with all the fun you had!

Lisa said...

So true that it is when I have not been putting the most important things first in my life that I feel out of control. However, it seems that everything is happening all at once and I am spinning out of control. But, you are so right that I still need to put Heavenly Father first and I will be okay. I just need to take a deep breath and do it. Going away will give me that deep breath!