Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Best Little Sister



This past week was a long week!  I worked as a clerical substitute for the school district this week.  My job all week was to work in the Library at Franklin High School.  It was fun but it was fulltime and it was exhausting.  I basically checked in books from students every day and organized books and filed books etc.  So, every day on the way to and from work I would talk to my little sister Theresa.  She and I always talk about important things like, what we are up to that day, how we need to clean our houses, and what we are making for dinner that night....ya know...important things like that.  So, yesterday when I came home from work I looked in the mailbox and there was a package from my little sister Theresa.  Each of my sisters and I exchange christmas ornaments every year it's a traditon.  Well in addition to the ornament was a very heartwarming letter from her.  Her letter was so sweet it brought tears to my eyes.  It seems that's been happening to me a lot lately(it must be the season).  She was so sweet and I love her so much!  Along with the letter and the ornament was a beautiful handmade bracelet.  Now my little sister is very creative.  She loves to cook and make yummy things and she loves to create.  She is so creative, its just not fair that she got all that creative talent.  She can paint, and draw and decorate and CREATE!  And when she does any of it....lookout...because she will eat and breath the things she is creating...she puts her whole heart and soul into everything she does.   She is the most passionate woman I know.  So, the special thing about this bracelet is that before our oldest sister Linda passed away almost 3 years ago she had begun making jewelry.  So, after she passed away her daughter Tamra handed down all of her beads and supplies to Theresa.  There was this one bracelet that Linda had started making and didnt get to finish.  So, Theresa finished it for her and called it "Linda".  Well, this bracelet is the "Linda" design bracelet and I love it!  It will remind me of our sweet sister forever.  I have the Best Little Sister EVER! 

P.S. go check out my sister's jewelry on my blog list at "theresa's creations"...she is so talented!

2 comments:

themasons said...

It's obvious your "little Sister" Loves you very much.

Maureen said...

Your sister is very talented..her jewelry is so pretty..what a fun surprise..Sisters are awesome, I didn't have a sister growing up but I now have 8 sister in laws that I consider my sisters! Thank you again for my littlest angle..