Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mission Memories


Before I forget I wanted to mention that last week I had the privilege of speaking to our group of young Activity Days girls about my mission.  Along with 3 other return Sister Missionaries in our Ward, Kristy  Smith, Sherida Raddigan and Kelsey Hogge.  And I just have to say what a great experience that was for me.  It has been years since I have been able to share some of my experiences regarding my mission with people.  It truly was the best 1 1/2 years of my life.  I believe that my Heavenly Father always planned for me to serve a mission as he just led me in that direction.  It was something I always wanted to do but never thought I would have the opportunity to do, and he made it happen!  With Michael on his mission now it is even more meaningful.  I am eternally grateful to my Father in Heaven for the most awesome experience of serving a fulltime mission.  Thanks Ashlie, for the opportunity to speak to your girls. I had fun!

2 comments:

Regina and Jim said...

Lisa, I have always envied that you got to go on a mission and knew it was a great experience for you. So glad you have the chance to share it with others and see how it still may change and enrich lives! The picture looks Great You haven't really changed that much!

Maureen said...

So neat you got to serve a mission, what a great accomplishment! I love to hear missionary stories, they always seems to be about something you learned about, or helped them grow in the gospel..super cute picture..