Sunday, January 3, 2010

So Long 2009 Welcome 2010!

Okay, can I just say how happy I am to welcome 2010! I mean, I dont think I have ever been happier to start a new year. I mean, I am the kind of person who loves, I mean LOVES starting a new year! I absolutely love the feeling of putting away all of my Christmas decorations and taking down my tree because it just marks the beginning of something new. A new start, new resolutions, new memories, new adventures, new dreams, and new goals! Yay! But, this year in particular I am espeically ready for a new year. 2009 was quite an adventure in so many ways. "It's been the BEST of times and the WORST of times."

We started out the year with me quitting my "2 1/2 year long all consuming job" for School Specialty and Mike in Utah working for his Dad which he started doing in November of 2008. He ended up being there for about 9 months total. Michael recieved his mission call in early February and then joined Mike in Utah around March and they worked side by side for a couple of months. I think that was a great experience for both of them. Shortly after Michael had recieved his call he went to the temple and recieved his endowments and so he and Mike made it a weekly visit to one of the many temples that are there in Utah including going thru the newly dedicated Draper Temple. That was probably the highlight for both of them while there in Utah. While I was home with Stephen and Bryce playing Mom and Dad and taxi driver and peace maker and everything else that was needed. I also found it necessary and extremely helpful visiting the temple on a weekly, sometimes bi-weekly basis myself. To make a long story short, I will just say that due to the fact that so many changes were taking place in our lives at this time including, but not limited to having our first missionary leave for his mission, this year afforded me many, many growing and learning opportunities. Honestly, I found myself crying most of the time on and off for a few months. This is where the temple was most helpful as it brought much peace and also personal revelation into my life.

Mike's visit's home were about once a month and I found that they proved to be so short lived that I basically felt like a single parent. Well, after a while the spirit prompted me that my husband needed to come home...for good. And that did happen in September... Halelluia! It's been so nice to have my husband back home again. 2009 also marked 20 years of marriage for us. That sounds like such a long time but really does'nt feel like it at all. I am convinced that something magical happens after 20 years of marriage. It is truly a lifetime and yet, it has been like a rebirth for both of us.

Very personally, I have found myself reflecting on my life's journey much of the time over the past several months. You know how sometimes you have these experiences in your life that just sort of shake you up and you go..."wow, I didn't realize how blessed I was until now". I think much of the time I go about my life thinking," I have to do this" or, "I dont have time to think about that" and then suddenly something happens that makes you have to stop and think about those things...well, that is what 2009 was all about for me.  And I have discovered that I am extremely blessed in my life!

Here's to a great 2010!

2 comments:

Regina and Jim said...

You write the best stuff Lisa! I am glad you are so happy for another year to start. Okay so what is a blog list? you didn't teach me that :)

Lisa said...

Thanks Regina! I'm so glad you're blogging with me now!! I'll call ya!