Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thinking too much!

Okay, so this is my last week working in the Library. Next week I'll be home and starting Wednesday afternoon I'll be spending all my time with my sweet 11 year old Bryce. This will be his last track off before he is done with Elementary school and ready to start Middle School! Man...I cant believe how time has flown by! Anyway, on to the subject at hand..."Thinking too much"!

So, since it's been so slow at work I have been able to do some reading,and it has just been so enjoyable! (I never read!) My friend who works there with me is a high school english teacher and basically reads for a living,and she is always telling me about these great books she has read. So, I've had the opportunity a couple of times a day to just read and not think so much and oh how nice it has been....okay, so there are a couple of people (at least) who will probably be reading this and are shaking their heads up and down right now and saying "yes, Lisa you do need to stop thinking so much". I mean after working in the Library I am so excited to read some of the books that I have seen pass by me. So, one of the books I read was one that Bryce will read next year and both Michael and Stephen read in middle school and both loved, it's called "The Giver"...very interesting, I can see why the boys liked it so much. So, I decided that I am gonna read as many of the novels that my kids are reading in school.It'll be fun talking with them about it too. Speaking of reading...I just read a couple of blogs that really touched me. One was by a really close friend of mine and the other by a total stranger. They were both so different yet, both inspired me in the same way. The one was just happy, upbeat, positive, sickening sweet and she knew it and didn't care, it was great! I loved it! Then the other was just raw, honest blood sweat and tears kinda stuff and I loved it too! Both were "living in the moment".... I want to be like that and stop thinking soo much!! I mean I am 46 and it seems I started this "Thinking too much" thing when I was 40something and trying to make sense out of my life up to this point and I "think" (lol) I'm done....it's time to start LIVING and stop "THINKING TOO MUCH"!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading is certainly a worthwhile pastime. Your one of the best "thinkers" of all time. Living, loving and laughing is much more fun as you very well know. I know you will be happy for a break to spend time with sweet Bryce.

Maureen said...

I love to read..it is one of my favorite things ever, pass on any good books your reading..Im reading one now I got from DI that Im loving, its "Elisabeth Passage of Promise by Tom Roulstone" Its so hard sometimes to find good books..We "think a lot alike"

themasons said...

You are a great thinker that is one of the things I like best about you, you are also a great person to talk to. But yes it is time to live!!

Lisa said...

I love you guys!

Regina and Jim said...

So I am late on reading some of these blogs, but Lisa I agree. It is time to Live and enjoy our lives huh? Keep reading, or your kids will end up knowing more than you :) Love you