Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Memories of an "Angel Sister"



Today marked 3 years since we lost my sweet sister Linda to cancer.  She was a wonderful daughter, mother, aunt, grandmother, sister and friend.  She was an example of love, tenderness, beauty and sweet spiritual strength.  I will for the rest of this mortal life look forward to the day I will be able to embrace her again in the eternities...I pray I may live my life to earn such a great reward.  I have been blessed with a few tender moments of her presence since she has gone and I know that she is not that far away.  I am thankful for her influence in my life and for the many heart to heart talks we regularly had especially during the last few years before she left this mortal life.  Although I know she would not have chosen to leave her husband, children and grandchildren when she did, she was prepared to do so when the call came, and that is very comforting to know.  I feel honored to have shared a place in the same family she grew up in and for her example, guidance and presence in my life.  I am thankful most of all today for the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life that lets me know that Families are Forever!  For the truths of the plan of Salvation that we have today because of the work of a great Prophet of God.  How thankful I am to have been born to a family where the Gospel could be part of my daily life.  I am eternally grateful for the great honor and privilege it is for me to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I am truly blessed! 
I love you Linda and I cant wait to see you again!

2 comments:

Regina and Jim said...

Lisa, what a wonderful tribute to Linda. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with all of us. Love you!

Alisa Pierce said...

Lisa you are so sweet, this made me cry. I love you