So, Mike tells me all the time that I need to write down my dreams. I have had some interesting dreams in my lifetime. I am a firm believer in dreams because I have had so many that have been either direct revelation in my life, answers to my prayers or just a huge comfort to me. Although most of them dont make a lot of sense just by themselves, I always seem to be able to understand what they are trying to tell me because they always have to do with what is happening in my life at the time.
So, today I was talking with a good friend who was sharing with me some hardships that are happening in her life and I thought about how it seems that so many of us are experiencing these tough times right now and it is so difficult to keep our faith strong and to have hope at times like these. Then I remembered a dream I had right about the same time that Mike lost his job a couple of years ago.
I dreamed that I was driving down the freeway in my old plymouth voyager mini van and I was listening to some good lds music and just feeling so safe and calm and close to the spirit. Then suddenly I saw a head of me that there was a big truck that stopped and caused an accident and then it began to ripple and the cars all around me were crashing into eachother and I knew I was next. I braced myself for the blow by grasping firmly onto my steering wheel but, it never happened. In fact I sat there in my car in the middle of the freeway and just watched out my windows as all of these cars smashed into eachother. I just sat there still feeling calm and safe and close to the spirit. It was the strangest and yet most interesting thing. Then I woke up.
I immediately started to wonder what this dream meant. As I thought more on it I realized that this was a warning and a message to me. I knew from this dream that even though scary things might be about to happen and even though all around me things may seem frightening and hopeless, if I kept the right perspective and stayed close to my Heavenly Father I would be okay through it all. This was just the very beginning of so many trials we have had since Mike lost his job but this dream has kept me going so often over the past 2 years. I am thankful for these dreams that I am occassionaly blessed with that help me in my life and remind me that my Heavenly Father knows me personally, is aware of me and is always there for me. Dreams are a wonderful thing.
3 comments:
so if I hang out with you right before you fall asleep, will you have a dream about me?? and then tell me something profound? :) I think your dream and the interpretation are amazing - and so true.
You should always write your dreams down, I can never remember mine, Jerry always says first thing what did you dream about, most the time I can't remember, he can always remember..I guess thats why I love Priesthood blessings because Heavenly Father always tells me things I really need to hear at that moment..it happened just this morning and I am so very grateful that he does know us personally and what our needs are..I am so grateful for the blessings of the Gospel..I truly am..love your post.
Can I just tell you my trials and then you dream about them and let me know what to do??? What a great gift the Lord has blessed you with...I think that is called a spiritual gift :) You are really lucky Lisa. Good for you! Dream away!
Post a Comment