Ran into a very old friend of mine, whom I really admire and respect, the other night in the temple. We chatted a bit and then as I was getting ready to leave I asked him, "are you on facebook"? and he relpied, "oh, I've been a Bishop for the last 5 years, I dont have anything to do with facebook". hmmmm. Well, with that along with the time waster that it is and the numerous stories I've heard of people who I thought had solid marriages that ended in divorce because of fb, I am done with facebook...farewell.
4 comments:
So true, I just decided a while back to de friend all my high school friends, I know that seems cold but I just like to catch up with friends and family..I even communicate with my Mia maids, so every time I think of doing that I can't stand the thought of not connecting with Lex or others and Im back on..but anymore you have to be soo careful, Satan is alive and well and I think happy with himself and what he accomplishes on a daily bases. ;)Ya for taking a stand!
Amen!!! I think thats great that you can look to those you admire and have great respect for, follow by example!
I say....Smart choice
Hey guess what? I decided to deactivate my facebook account too. Reasons???? Well, I did it for a few...one is that I have reconnected with many many people and it has been fun catching up but some, a few...probably not so great for me or for them... I think even though this world is constantly and I mean constantly, keeping us in contact with all sorts of people and information, that we cannot possible contain it all. Technology is growing at a speed that is almost uncomprehensible. Think about all of the facebook friends and all of thier newsfeed. Wow. I just felt like that I just wanted some boundaries for all of that. Just because its all available to us...doesnt mean we have to partake in all of it. Oh and the ones that I do want to stay in contact with regularly...I can e-mail them and them me. Although it is a personal situation for all of us individually, (as everything is..)There were lots of reasons to keep my facebook (mia maids, long distant family members, friends etc.) it was my personal decision to deactivate. love ya Lisa! Oh and I am anonymous because I cannot remember my account name or password. LOL
Post a Comment