I thought about the Plan of Salvation and how simple it really is. It is us that complicates it by some of our choices. We make life hard for ourselves at times, or at least harder than it has to be. Yes, we all have our agency and we will ALL have trials in our lives, however, so much of what we go thru we could probably avoid if we made different choices. But the great part about it all is that no matter what we do, no matter what choices we make or how many stupid choices we make, the plan of salvation provides for us a way to start over and still receive all the blessings that our Heavenly Father has promised to those who are faithful.
So, "what if"....well, who cares? It is what is it is and we just keep on going from here. Today I am thankful for the Plan of Salvation and for my agency to choose how difficult I want to make life for myself because it is really so simple. Just have faith, be obedient and believe.
What if I didnt have the gospel in my life....now that is a very different story!
Enjoy your Sunday!
4 comments:
I play the "what if" game alot, I always wish I would have finished collage, then I see friends who are graduating now after many years..then I think "what if I just tried" fear and self doubt hold me back from lots of things..the older I get the more I say "what if" but really I'm pretty happy with "what if I didn't" my life could have been much different and not for the better..Im trying harder to say "what adventures are in store for me"..we have lots of life to live..anyway I hope so..:o)
P.S. Im pretty happy I chose the "start over plan" and not the "you do what I say plan" because I have to start over almost everyday..
I play the game more than I care to admitt. Fear and doubt?....we are a lot a like. I beat myself up a lot playing the what if game...but as I get older I am learning to see things in a whole different light and I know that either way I would pretty much be in the same place that I am now. I do regret some wasted time but then again, "we have lots of life to live"....I like that...starting over is what I do best...which is why I like change so much....here's to lots of new adventures ahead for both of us!
good words from a couple of good women, (maureen...whom I have never met...but like reading her comments) and of course Lisa Lisa LIsa.
Post a Comment