Monday, July 19, 2010

Settling in

Well, I'm still unpacking and putting stuff away.  I am loving this house!  I feel spoiled.  I dont think I will ever want to move again.  I thought I would take a break this morning and catch you up to date..or just give you something to read.

Mike's little brother Brad and his family live in the basement of Mom and Dad's house.  It is a complete additional house down there.  Full kitchen, 3 bedrooms, bathroom living room etc.  Brad has been taking care of us since we got here.  He helped us unload everything and then made us dinner, breakfast, lunch, and dinner again.  He has been such a sweetheart!  He and Jamie have 2 little boys that are adorable and they run in and out of my house all day, they are too cute.  They love to play with the big boys.  Mom and  Dad are out of town right now and I am glad because otherwise they would have worked themselves to death helping us move and get settled.  Instead they are enjoying themselves on a vacation. 

Yesterday, we went to our ward for the first time.  We walked, it's just a block away. We are in Kolob Stake. Kolob 7th ward.  It is a pretty young ward.  Lots and lots of little kids...so cute!  A small youth group.  They only have 2 sunday school classes for the youth.  Only one of the teachers was there yesterday so all the kids were together in the same class about 15 of them.  So, Bryce and Stephen were together.  Bryce is one of 2 deacons and I'm not sure how many Teachers, possibly only 3.  The leaders seem to be pretty excited to have our boys here.


Last night we went to my sister Theresa's for dinner.  Regina and her family and Mom were there.  We had a great meal together and then played a game called "Things"...super fun game.  It was so wonderful to be around family again. 

The mountains are beautiful and I just really feel like I am at home.  I am sure it is because we have so many family members here.  I think we made a good move....even though we miss good ol' California and our ward and stake back home. 

Back to unpacking........


5 comments:

amyrdh said...

so happy for you and your family and sad for those of us left behind!! That ward doesn't know just how blessed they are to have you :)

Maureen said...

I love Utah houses with their big basements..and I love the mountains too..Sounds like a great move..someday I just might show up on your doorstep..and I'll lay on your couch and ask for lemonade..that sounds wonderful right now..glad your back home with your family..Life sounds good!!

Denisa said...

awesome!!!! Cannot wait to come and visit and....do what maureen said she was gonna do. lol

Alisa Pierce said...

Things seem well...you sound happy and at peace and that's a good thing. I miss you and your whole family...but this is a great move for you. I love you!

Regina and Jim said...

WE are so happy you guys are here! More fun and memories to come for sure!