Friday, August 13, 2010

The Boys of Fall



This is Bryce's first year of Tackle Football.   I have mixed emotions about this.
I discouraged Micahel from playing football because I was afraid he would get hurt, but he did play basketball during high school, was good at it and loved it!  Now that we have become this football family, I regret discouraging Michael from playing because I think he would have been a great football player.  Bryce is excited but still trying to figure out what poisition he likes and if this game is really for him.  I think he will do great and I'm so excited to watch him play!




Stephen on the otherhand is a football player through and through.  This past week they have been working on different plays and he has been having a blast! Coming home with a big smile on his face every day. He is a sophomore and they have been scrimaging with the freshman.  He has been "BEAST" as he would say, however, I think the coaches could see that and so yesterday they started having him play with the Varsity team and he came home looking like this.  I laughed so hard...you have to know Stephen.  He is very competitive and he can't quite take down the "big boys" like he could the kids he own age.  So, who knows where he'll end up. 

I just love my boys of fall!







I absolutely love this video! Hope you love it too...Cant wait for football season to begin!


(dont forget to go to the bottom of the page and pause my playlist before watching this video)




5 comments:

themasons said...

I love it!!!

Jim Essex said...

I've known a lot of parents who worried about their boys playing football, some with good reason. I've known men who still limped from an old high school injury that ended their hopes of being the next Joe Montana. But I've never known anyone who played who didn't think the risk was worth the lessons they learned by trying to be the best they could be while helping others do the same for a commong goal. Often times you remember the lessons you learn in practice more vividly than the heroics in the games. You'll have to let us know when the games are.

Denisa said...

fun fun fun!!!! (a little smelly too)

Maureen said...

LOved the song..so fun to watch your boys do the things they love..there is nothing better..

Regina and Jim said...

I enjoyed this video as I reflected on memories of Rickie and how much he adored his coaches! We are so excited for both of your boys... they will both have some great experiences. Let them know we love them both!