Friday, December 10, 2010

Katie

Last night Stephen and I went to a Noteworthy Concert to see our good friend Katie Jensen and our new friend Cassie Crabb perform.  Wow!  It was quite a performance!  If you havent heard of these awesome ladies then you must click on their highlighted name...now! Katie (in the glasses) is a very good friend of Michael's from high school and Cassie and Michael met and became friends while doing a play together here Provo before his mission.

 Katie and Michael have been close friends since they were about 14.  They have been in plays together, choirs together, school together, church together and everywhere else together.  Katie has always been a good friend to Michael and has stuck by him thru a lot.  And now Katie is preparing herself to serve a mission.  I am so very excited for her!  However, she turns 21 in May so that is probably around the time she will be leaving and Michael will be coming home about the same time.  So, chances are that they may just miss eachother.  I know they will be bummed about that.  Now that we are living here in Utah we would have been so close to Katie since she has been attending BYU and they would have been able to hang out. But now when he gets home she will be in California or in another state or another country by then!
Although Katie may not know it, having her around and just keeping in touch and seeing her now and then has been such a big help for me while Michael has been gone.  She has helped me still feel connected to him.
Thank you Katie!
Last night as we were driving to the concert, I started thinking about all those years with all the kids together and all the fun they had and all of the memories they have made and I started to get really emotional and missing Michael so much!
But now it's Katie's turn. She is going off to serve her Father in Heaven on a full time mission. I am so proud of her!   She is a sweet girl.  She will make a great missionary.  Thank goodness Michael will be coming back by then!  
 And while one door closes another door opens:)


2 comments:

Tom & Katie Hall said...

No LISA!! Making me cry is not allowed. You are too sweet. Thank you so much for coming last night. It meant a lot to me. I better not be gone before Michael gets back because I want to see him! I just love your whole family, You guys are so good to me. And you should know Michael is a big reason i want to go because he just loves it so much. I want to experience that. Thank you for everything :)

Lisa said...

We love you Katie! So much!