Friday, January 7, 2011

An Extension

Well, it looks like Elder Nelson has more time left to do this than we thought!  I got a random email the other day from him stating that he has been asked to extend his mission.  So, instead of coming home on May 31 as was planned, he will be staying until the middle of July it looks like.  I have mixed emotions about it.  While I am so proud of him and the great work he is doing, I have to hold my excitement a little longer for when he returns.  These are the best years of his life and I am glad that he is loving it so much.  Go get em' Elder Nelson!

5 comments:

Cindy Jensen said...

Oh my. . .very bittersweet and if Katie does that I might die. Speaking of Katie I think she is going to also be sad because now she will not get to see Michael before she leaves. PS Your new home looks so awesome.

Tom & Katie Hall said...

Oh man Lisa, like i said earlier today...this is just not allowed. I'm so excited for him, but i can't believe i probably won't see him now!!! it'll have been 3 1/2 years by the time i see him again! All i have to say is he better be a good letter writer while i'm gone. haha

themasons said...

He's right where he needs to be he will be that much better when he gets home...Can't wait!!

Anonymous said...

I thought they didn't approve/ allow extensions anymore? He must be an exception to the rule! :) Go get em Elder Nelson!!

Christie said...

I remember when it came time for me to go home. Wow, I almost panicked! When my mission pres offered me a chance to extend, I jumped on it as fast as I could. But now that I'm a mom, I'm thinking maybe I owe my mom an apology...