Here's the latest look at our new house. Finally getting that roof shingled, and that huge mound of dirt that has been sitting in front is finally being moved!
Of course this is what Mike is most excited about...the garage!
It stands about 12ft. tall and 27ft x 34ft.
He is pretty dang excited about being able to fit his truck inside!
Here is another view from the inside.
And the inside looking out. One garage door for me and one for him!
And this week we will finally get the outside doors to the house installed.
Looking forward to that, as it will start looking more and more like a house!
We celebrated our 22nd Wedding anniversary Friday night by going to the temple with Mike's folks and doing sealings for some family members. Mike and I were able to seal my grandmother and grandfather on my dad's side together. Then we sealed 5 of their children to them. Mom had about 70 other names of which we did about 30. It was a great experience. There were 2 other young couples who helped us out. It was a wonderful way to spend our wedding anniversary. We usually go the temple on our anniversary each year but doing sealings for family was a special treat!
I did something for Mike that I haven't done in years....made homemade bread for him as an anniversary gift. You would have thought he had died and gone to heaven. He loves when I go out of my way to cook something special for him....especially bread!
I also took all of his favorite recipes and put them in this binder for him.
Mike loves anything made from the heart. He is a happy man!
And guess what he gave me? Actually this tub is pretty tiny. But the great thing about it is that the tub we have now is so huge that it takes up too much water and swallows me when I bathe. I love to take baths and Mike knows it, I was excited to see that we will have a bathtub that is just my size and I can actually relax in, in our new home!
Oh, and Bryce got a new fishing pole, fishing lisence and gear for his birthday. He has been wanting to take up fishing for a very long time now. He is hoping his Dad can tear himself away from the house this Saturday to take him!
Stephen's two favorite loves these days....baseball and texting!
Actually we attended a fundraiser dinner for baseball at the high school on Saturday night and then Stephen went rollerskating with his friends and while he was gone the doorbell rang at about 10:00 pm
and this was delivered for him...
A special invitation...
This will happen on April 1st. Stephen turns 16 on March 29th so this will be his first date. Let me just say that my Sophmore boy
was not at all dissappointed
to find out which Senior girl sent these yummy muffins
and this cute invitation....he is a happy boy!
Well, one week down and 3 more to go!











4 comments:
What a great update! We are jealous for your garage...Andrew was looking at getting a new truck but they wouldn't fit in our garage and being as he's a stickler for his things in the garage we aren't getting one which is better for our budget anyway! Love the picture on Mike's cookbook, too funny!
Grandma Rose gave him the hat and apron for christmas one year. He loves it!
Its taken me three times to read the whole post the last few days, interruptions during my blog time is not good..anyway house is looking good..bath tub looks perfect..(love baths too) and yea for 1st dates..Josh will be headed that direction too soon..:)
oh Maureen, you are so sweet for being my best follower. I love you!
Post a Comment