Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Proud Momma

I'll never forget Stephen's last day of Kindergarten.  We came home from his graduation and he sat and watched the video that his teacher made of all the activities they had during the year, over and over again.  Then he came up to me with those sad puppy dog eyes and said, "mom, I miss my friends" and he broke out crying.  I felt so sorry for him and I hugged him tight.  I will never forget the way each ending of a school year affected him.  He is so sentimental that boy.

Well, he sure makes it a point to be remembered each school year and just as we expected, Stephen has more friends and has more fun at school than anyone we know.

Yesterday they had awards during school and they chose one boy and one girl out of each class to recieve the "Red Devil of the Year" award.  And Stephen was chosen from the Sophomore class! 
 This award is given to this person for their outstanding acheivements, contributions and school spirit. 


They also chose one boy and one girl from each class to recieve the
"Outstanding Athlete" award and guess who got this one?

None other than our Stephen!

Can I just say that I am a Proud Momma? 
We expect great things from you Stephen!!







3 comments:

Maureen said...

You should be proud, That is an amazing kid you have there..but then it looks like all 3 boys are amazing :)

themasons said...

That is so awesome, Wouldn't expect anything less from Stephen ....Love you Stephen and I'm one proud Aunt:)

Regina and Jim said...

What a wonderfful year for Stephen! We are so proud of him too! I am so glad you moved here, I am sure he would have had these same experiences in California, but it is even better when it is here with all of us! Way to go Stephen!