
Have you ever been so sick that you cant wait to be well so that you can just enjoy being alive? Well, that was me yesterday. I was so sick that I sat inside my messy house all day feeling sorry for myself and anticipating the time that I would feel well again.... And thinking about all the things I would do with my good health to just appreciate being alive. So, there I sat all day. Then later that afternoon there was a knock on my door and there stood Lanette and Taylor Masters from the Sheldon ward with a plate of very warm...fresh out of the oven cookies. Wow, I was so touched that it made me cry. They didn't know that I was sick in fact the reason they brought the cookies was because they ended up with my mother in law's famous homemade strawberry jam that she had brought from utah with her last week and of course they couldnt resist eating it....I dont blame them...so they brought us some special recipe cookies, that were extremely good by the way, and they were just what the doctor ordered. And that started a brand new day for me.

I did sleep good last night and today was a welcome sight to wake up to not feeling like I was going to die, like I did yesterday. Then I had a breif conversation with a dear friend who has been going thru some trials lately. My heart went out to her and I just wanted to embrace her but I couldnt because she lives in another town. But I started thinking and this is what came to my mind....We are spiritual beings living in a non spiritual world....and the reason we are here and the reason we have trials in our lives is to remind us who is in control, so that we will turn to him and surrender our will to his and in this will we find comfort, solace, and peace in the midst of these truly worldly trials we are given. The spirit is the greatest source of strength, comfort and healing that there is.....and today is a great day to be alive!
1 comment:
Glad you are alive and well, being sick is Satans tool to take all our happiness away and makes us full of discouragement..its true..Hope you continue to be alive;)p.s. those cookies look gooood!
Post a Comment