Thursday, April 29, 2010

Better than Caffine


So, lately I have started taking naps.  I love how Mike can just fall asleep anywhere.  Not me.  I have to get into my nice cozy bed and take mine....and that is what I have been doing lately.  This past month I found myself extremely tired all the time.  I have not been sleeping well and I wake up anywhere between 3:00 and 4:00 am every morning regardless of what time I go to bed and then of course the alarm goes off at 5:15.  So, I realized that I just dont get enough sleep at night.  I have been so tempted to start drinking caffine sodas again but that is usually just a temporary fix and leaves me feeling anxious and wiped out in the long run.  So, I just started taking naps at about 3:00 pm every day this week and I cannot tell you how much better I feel.  I only sleep for about 20 mins and I get my second wind and I feel energetic again and I dont feel anxious or wiped out.  The best part about it is that Mike and I went and did a session at the temple at 8:00 on Tuesday night and I didn't fall asleep!! Yahoo!  That's a first in a long time for me!! I guess I'm getting old and I just have to admitt it but that's okay as long as I know what I can do to keep myself going.  I know that exercise helps too...but since I've started working I have yet to find the time to fit it in.  So, that is my next goal.  So, here's to taking naps....It's better than caffine!   

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh how a nap sounds soo good right now, but its only 8:45 am so I guess I'd better wait..but so agree just 20 min. makes all the difference..5 pm is our poison hour, Im tired, grouchy and everyone is hungry..maybe I'll start napping at 5 ;) three cheers for power naps..So many of my friends work in the temple on Tues night..thats a great night to go..sometimes Im not sure how I made it through a session because Im pretty sure I slept through it..sad but true, lights go out and I think its bedtime..

Denisa said...

Oh yeah...I would love to be able to nap like that. Just cannot do it...No one lets me!