Back when I was still on fb. I looked up some of my investigators from my mission days. One in particular who was a golden contact, who we had the privilege to teach and had joined the church, I found but I never heard back from him. When I cancelled my account I figured there went my chance to ever get in touch with him. Well, on Tuesday I recieved an email from this young man ( not so young anymore) and I was so excited! But I couldn't figure out how he got my email, so I asked him. He said he searched for me and somehow found my blog and got my email address here. Well, he called me yesterday and we talked for about an hour! Denis was and is still golden and going and growing strong in the gospel. His oldest son, Bryce, is on a mission and entered the MTC one week after Michael. So, they were in the MTC together. So awesome!
We had a great conversation about his conversion 25 years ago and what a wonderful experience it was for both of us. Denis truly was a golden contact! He served a mission in So. California and met his wife there. Another Elder who was from California and I visited him on his mission after we came home. We were both blown away by his studies of the scriptures, I'll never forget that. He has since married had 3 children and served in many leadership callings including serving as the ym president and as a member of the bishopric. Today he serves on the High Council of his Stake.
Wow...the circle of life is a wonderul thing!
p.s. about a week ago I almost removed my email address from my blog....so glad I didn't!
3 comments:
What an amazing story, one with a happy ending..love it..
How cool is that! you must have meant a great deal to him if he went through all that trouble to find you. NEAT!
It is amazing to me the impact of one person. One person joins the church......one person goes on a mission.... "teach my word for all the world to see" is started with one person....I love it!
Post a Comment